Monday, April 16, 2012

Estee Lauder Gift Set from Nordstrom

I was so excited when I got the latest Estée Lauder free Gift Set when you spend $42.59 from Nordstrom and I have to say not too bad!!  I was mostly excited for the eye shadow palette and the sample of Time Zone Line and Wrinkle Reducing Creme.


I haven't tried the Soft Clean Cleanser, but I've tried the Time Zone Line & Wrinkle Reducing Creme.  It has about 0.5oz in the bottle, which is quite a lot considering it's free. I placed it on my laugh lines and I do see a bit more smoothing around that area, but being that I'm still pretty young (21), I can't truly say that I can see a reduction of wrinkles. 

The Sumptuous Mascara is okay, only because I've tried soooo many mascaras.  Plus, I tend to gravitate towards dryer, and waterproof formula mascaras. 

Now the most exciting thing!! The Pure color Eyeshadow compact! It has an overall a very neutral color palette. Which is good cause I'm a neutral kinda girl. It states its .35g each eye shadow;  my personal favorite is the deep wine red in the "12 Raisins" bottom section of the palette.  All of the eyeshadows except the Blue in the "07 Waves" section, is nicely pigmented.  The blue came out so sheer, I had to layer a ton to get decent color payoff. 


 Top Row: (LEFT) Twinkle Pink Shimmer (MIDDLE and RIGHT) 07 Waves

Middle Row: (LEFT) Hot Cinnamon (MIDDLE and RIGHT) 05 Khakis 

So Gorgeous!
  
Bottom Row: (LEFT) Lavish Mink (MIDDLE and RIGHT) 12 Rasins

 Back!

A Tub (0.5oz) of Time Zone Line and Wrinkle Reducing Creme 



Cosmetics Bag- very nicely sized!



Swatches of the Dual-Ended 
(LEFT) Gloss in Peach Sizzle
(RIGHT) Pure Color Lipstick (0.04oz) (layered several times)

The lipstick and lip gloss are super sheer. Nice spring colors but I would have liked them to be more pigmented. 

 Outershell of Eyeshadow Compact


Overall, I'm very happy about the gift set, and it's really just worth it for the Advanced Night Repair, the eye shadows, and the wrinkle cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment